Training and Experience
Training and Experience
I’m a Licensed Professional Counselor in Idaho (LPC), a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Washington (LMHC), and I’m a Nationally Board Certified Counselor (NCC).
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional with the International Association of Trauma Professionals.
- Certified facilitator of Prepare/Enrich, the top premarital couple assessment.
- Certified facilitator of the Centerpoint Institute Cycles of Change model.
I’m also an approved facilitator of the Gottman Relationship Checkup assessment.
My clinical experience and training include:
- Counseling couples, families, and children in private-sector practice. I’ve counseled couples from 19 years old (and not married, yet) to couples who’ve been married over 40 years. I’ve worked with individual clients from the age of 3 years old to 89 years old.
- Grief counseling with hospice, terminal illness, violent loss, and suicide loss survivors, leading support groups, and teaching bereavement classes
- Working with trauma survivors affected by PTSD and C-PTSD due to childhood trauma, war-related trauma, and sudden, violent losses
- Counseling individuals with a wide variety of mental health disorders for the State of Washington and in large Community Clinical Mental Health Centers (I’ve seen a lot)
- Leading Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) groups for a frontier-designated non-profit mental health center
Hundreds of hours of specialized professional trainings too numerous to list, including:
- Lifespan Integration Trauma Treatment
- Levels 1 & 2 of the Gottman Method of Couples Counseling
- Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy Externship & Core Skills Plus (Approved by ICEEFT & Dr. Susan Johnson)
- Numerous Research-based, Strength-based and Somatic-based Trauma and Anxiety Therapy Trainings
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Equine-assisted Mental Health & Competencies in Adventure Based Therapy
- Professional Coach Training for organizations and individuals, The Coaches Training Institute
- Centerpoint Natural Cycles of Change© certified facilitator for groups and organizations
- Navigators Group and Leadership training
Before I became a counselor, I managed programs working with at-risk middle school kids, college students, and medical providers. I provided retreat and staff trainings in large organizational settings and held a variety of management positions in the worlds of for-profit, non-profit, and academic organizations.